Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Alas! My first blog/ blog post!

Well here goes nothing- it takes leaving for The Gambia for 2 years to get me to commit to writing about what will likely be the adventure of my lifetime.  I am going to serve in the Peace Corps through their Forestry program in The Gambia with around 30 other volunteers.  I leave around January 4th, 2011 and can't wait.  While loungin' around at my parents has been nice and kept me well fed I would like to be busy once again.  I spent this past summer working with an environmental non-profit in Telluride, CO and when I wasn't writing or reading I was fishing, hiking, biking or camping.  It was PHENOMENAL.  But here's to a new year with new adventures that I will keep alive by blogging.  I plan to write about the random encounters and questionable circumstances I will likely find myself in while wandering around the African bush.  Hopefully with a little humor and as few words as possible I will be able to keep you updated and not lose your attention.  In case you're wondering- the name of this blog comes from a phrase spoken almost daily by my mother Peggy referring to me and I love it, I don't even know if fruit cakes are that nutty but whatever, we all are in some way.... until next time gadget.

1 comment: